This is an activity from examenglish.com which I rewrote as a short answer question in order to make the activity compliant with the SRDP activities
The original online activity is a multiple choice exercise and can be found at http://www.examenglish.com/B1/b1_listening_accommodation.htm
Accommodation: Questions and key
- Why is Marcel calling the lady?
- When should students arrange their accommodation for September?
- Why can’t Marcel stay in university hall in September?
- What do most students do?
- Why doesn’t Marcel like the room on old road?
- What is wrong with the room on Edward Street?
- Where will Marcel probably look next?
- To sort out accommodation
- In January
- he will be a 2nd year student.
- Rent a room in a house
- It’s too far from the campus
- is too small and there are 6 students; no living room
- look for a private room/accommodation online on forum
- task type: short answer questions
- task numbers: 1
- items: 7
- Content topics: housing, accommodation